Personal data and privacy
We do not collect information about you such as your name, address, phone number or email address when you visit this website. This information is collected only if you provide it on your own when you register on the mailing list, when you submit a request for information or fill out a form on the site.
The personal information you give us is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that you will be informed of any collection of information about you as well as the reasons for the collection and your right to access the information. However, we collect data on the use of our website in order to improve it and better meet your needs. No personal information about you is collected and the data we are interested in is more of a technical nature. For example, we want to know:
- the name of your Internet service provider;
- the duration of each visit;
- the type of operating system (Windows, OS X, Unix, etc.) that you use
- the type of browser (Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, etc.) that you use.
Canadians are protected by the following two federal privacy laws: the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information of the Canadian Standards Association, which is incorporated in it. In Quebec, organizations are subject to the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector. The Access to Information Commission oversees the application of this Act.
1. Liability: We are responsible for the personal information in our possession. Our Chief Executive Officer is responsible for implementing and enforcing privacy policies and practices.
2. Determining Purposes: Before we collect personal information about you, or at the time of doing so, we will inform you of the reasons for doing so, the manner in which the information will be used and the circumstances in which it will be done. which could be communicated.
3. Consent: No personal information about you will be collected, used or disclosed without your consent.
4. Collection Limitation: Personal information about you will only be collected if it is necessary for the identified purposes and only if it is reasonable and appropriate to do so in the circumstances.
5. Limitation of Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: Personal information about you will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless you have consented or that the law requires it. The information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the specified purposes.
6. Accuracy: It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you think they are inaccurate, contact us.
7. Security Measures: Personal information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Protection methods will include physical means, administrative measures and technical measures.
9. Access to Personal Information: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also challenge the accuracy and completeness of this information and have it corrected.
10. Complaint Regarding Non-Compliance: You may complain about non-compliance with the principles outlined above with the CEO.
We may use advertising methods external to this site. In this case, when you visit this website or the websites or online services on which we display advertising, we collect data about your activities that will not identify you personally or directly.
This information may include the content you watch, the date and time that you view the content, the products you buy, or your location information through your IP address.
We collect this information to provide you with more relevant ads – this is a technique called “retargeting”. We collect information on the site where you saw the advertisements we offer, as well as the advertising you clicked.
If we use external advertising methods, when you browse certain websites, the online advertising networks with which we collaborate may place anonymous cookies on your computer and use similar technologies to understand your interests. from your online activities (anonymous) in order to offer you more relevant advertising. If you do not want to receive these personalized ads, you can adjust your ad settings to no longer be targeted by most companies that engage in this type of advertising. This will not prevent you from viewing ads, but they will not be displayed as part of these retargeting methods.
In addition, if we use external advertising methods, we will not offer you targeted advertising based on sensitive personal information, such as information about your color or ethnicity, political opinions, religious beliefs, or other information. of a similar nature, your membership of a trade union, your health or your physical or mental condition, or your sexual preferences. We may only offer you targeted advertisements from data provided by advertisers or partners or by crossing them with data that we collect ourselves. All data used to deliver targeted advertising is anonymous and is not used for the purpose of personally or directly identifying you.
In order to reach a relevant audience, if we use external advertising methods, we may collaborate with external advertising companies – “advertising partners” – who will help us recognize you and offer you relevant advertising. when you visit an online website or service that is part of their network. It is also possible that we collaborate with advertising partners in order to better recognize you on different devices in order to offer you relevant advertising. Our advertising partners may collect information about your activities through this website and other websites or online services that are part of their network. We also collaborate with external companies that provide us web analysis tools that evaluate the use and operation of this website so that we can continually improve this platform as well as our services.
Our external partners may and we may use session cookies and persistent cookies to facilitate your browsing and enhance your user experience on this site, as well as to monitor and evaluate the operation and use of this website.
To find out if we use external advertising methods, to modify or delete your personal information or to exclude you from sending messages in the future, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Steve Trempe, François Mitchell et Jean-Philippe Dallaire
Phone : (514) 992-5111
Email : [email protected]
Personal data and privacy officers
Contact : Jean-Philippe Dallaire
Email : [email protected]